Anni Moon & The Elemental Artifact - Hisham Abed, Melanie Abed
Anni Moon is one of those types of books that you cannot put down. Abed created a unique story that people of all ages can enjoy, though I think it would fit best for those in middle school. However, like other books such as Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, etc. Anni Moon is a story that the reader is able to fall in love with. I had the book in my que for a while and finally found time to read it. I was sucked in from the very start. As a series this book is amazing and will definitely draw you into a new world – one very different than what you might expect. Anni and Lexi are the main characters in this story that Abed wove around. These two know nothing about where they come from; all they know is that they grew up together as wards of a boarding school. They share secrets and find themselves alone surrounded by others that they don’t know who they can trust. I can honestly say, even though I received this book on Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, that I enjoyed the twists and turns that Abed took me on. I was upset over the fact that it ended if you can imagine that. I wish there was more for me to dig into … but for now I will content myself in waiting to read the second book. I highly recommend picking up a copy of this book and reading it for yourself. You don’t have to be a middle schooler to enjoy what it has to say …