Split Second - Sophie McKenzie
***I received the eBook free as a review copy from the publisher through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review***

Sophie McKenzie has an amazing talent for writing action packed YA thrillers that are simply impossible to put down. Split Second was no exception.

There was a high level of dystopian content which was done well, in that you weren’t bogged down with endless details at the very beginning. It was partly due to the fact it closely resembled the world we live in today but where society has changed drastically as a response to budget cuts and unemployment. You could clearly see the parallels, which was interesting; but I didn’t get the sense that the book was designed to make you think about your own life, any more than it was a story to enjoy.

It’s told through a dual narrative with Charlie and Nat as the main protagonists and narrators. Both characters were very different, but their strengths complimented the others weaknesses. I particularly loved Charlie’s bad-ass character, though it didn’t stop her getting into a few close scrapes…

There were so many twists and turns with regards to just about everything, it was hard to keep up so if that’s your type of thing (like it is mine) you should definitely pick this book up!